The Commencement Order for the Public Health Alcohol Bill has been signed, officially signing it into law.
Here are the main points of the Bill:
- A minimum unit pricing for alcohol will be introduced.
- Segregation of alcohol sales from other products in shops.
- Cancer warnings are being added to the packaging of alcohol products.
- Advertising restrictions and a broadcasting watershed.
- Advertising of alcohol products in or on public service vehicles, transports and busses.
- Alcohol wont be advertised in parks or sports events where children are present.
Simon Harris took to Twitter to release the news: